Gillard or Abbott

Sunday, August 22, 2010

RSS feeds

Google reader is an easy and more productive way of checking for updates on blogs. For example; if I had a class of students who were using a blog for journal entries. I can use google reader to check for updates, or new entries on the blogs I'm following. This tool will enable me to see if learning is occurring by new comments, if students are adding to their blogs, and which entries have not been commented upon.

Another useful way of using an RSS feed, is to be able to check on any professional development availabilities, or resources. If I want to follow a particular blog, or tweet, I can use the rss feed to see all updates. Going through a complete blog everytime is eliminated by this great time saving tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment